A good supply with the essential micronutrients such as folic acid, iodine and further vitamins and minerals helps to create the best preconditions for pregnancy, the course of pregnancy as well as the normal physical and mental development of the child.
The food supplement Cefavit natal contains 13 micronutrients, especially adjusted to the needs of women with the desire to have children, pregnant and breastfeeding women:
The intake of 400 µg folic acid (corresp. to 800 µg folate) daily is recommended for all women with the desire to have children resp. women which could get pregnant: Supplemental folic acid intake increases maternal folate status. Low maternal folate status is a risk factor in the development of neural tube defects in the developing foetus. The positive effect can take place with the supplementary intake of 400 µg folic acid daily over a time period of at least one month before and up to 3 months after conception.
Bioactive folic acid in Cefavit natal: Cefavit natal contains a beneficial combination of folic acid as well as the calcium compound of folate, active within the body, since not all women are able to completely convert folic acid into the needed folate form in the body.
In the phase of pregnancy and breastfeeding, iodine is very important for mother and child. The pregnant woman produces more thyroid hormones and therefore, more iodine is needed. From about the 12th week of pregnancy, the growing child starts producing thyroid hormones by itself. The iodine, needed for it, is taken from the mother.
Food supplement with bioactive folic acid, iodine and further valuable vitamins and minerals.
For the daily intake from the desire to have children up to the end of the breastfeeding period.
- for growth of maternal tissue during pregnancy: folate
- normal DNA synthesis, fertility and reproduction: zinc
- normal production of thyroid hormones: iodine
- normal thyroid function: selenium, iodine
- cell division: folate, vitamin B12, vitamin D, zinc
- protection of cells from oxidative stress: vitamin B2, vitamin E, selenium, zinc
- reduction of tiredness resp. fatigue: folate, vitamin B2, B3, B5, B6, B12
- normal energy-yielding metabolism: vitamin B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B7, B12, iodine
- normal function of the immune system: folate, vitamin B6, B12, vitamin D, zinc, selenium
- normal blood formation: folate
- maintenance of normal red blood cells: vitamin B2, B6, B12
- maintenance of normal bones: vitamin D, zinc
- maintenance of normal teeth: vitamin D
- maintenance of normal muscle function: vitamin D
- regulation of hormonal activity: vitamin B6
- normal metabolism of iron: vitamin B2
- maintenance of normal vision: vitamin B2, zinc
Suitable for vegetarians.
Without:allergens, flavouring, colours, gelatin, gluten, yeast, lactose, sweetener.
As of: 04/2018